The canonical example deals with populating tables based on server queries, but there are also ways of using it client-side, for static table data.
jQuery is mostly cross-browser, so I wasn’t particularly concerned about how it would render.
Still, I did take the time to use Adobe’s Browser Lab tool, and I’m glad I did.
Things looked good in all versions of Firefox, Safari, and even Chrome.
So it was annoying but unsurprising that Internet Explorer looked terrible, in both versions 7 and 8 (it also looked bad in the P.O.S. known as version 6, but that’s to be expected).
Fortunately, though, the solution was simple:
Note: for this method to work in Internet Explorer (version 6 and later only), the document must use a DOCTYPE that forces IE to use its standards mode. Please read Fix Your Site With the Right DOCTYPE! for more info.
Thanks to: 456 Berea Street and A List Apart.
Visit FanStockExchange.com to see the results, unless you’re still using IE 6 (seriously, you should dump that browser for your own good).